01 February 2007

Ahoy!

I've been wanting to work on this Waves sweater for quite some time (a few years, actually), and have been toying with different yarns. I'm thinking through a pattern for something else, and needed a bit of mindless knitting, so I FINALLY just grabbed some wool yarn that a friend brought me from Ireland and got started! Well....that's a bit of a lie. Of course I had to work things out to knit it in the round, and with the patterning it took some nudging.....but things seem to be going smoothly thus far, see?
It's going smoothly on US7s (very twisty curly 7s, as you can see). I should be moving on to the pockets this evening.

The other project that I am working out (on paper!) involves mitered cabled corners. Anyone got any helpful hints for getting these to work out?

4 comments:

Alayne said...

Love the color! Is it a pullover or cardy? I couldn't tell from the picture.

I am fascinated by the idea of mitred cabled corners, but I think I would have to see to have any thoughts. Does the cable go up the increase/decrease line or is it a cable pattern that is being mitred?

NJStacie said...

It's an assymetrical cardy, with a zipper (so I don't have to attend to any pesky button-finding missions!)...

The best example that I can find for a mitered cable corner is here: http://www.twosheep.com/blog/?p=506
where the miter maintains the cabling. So it will take a right proper 90° turn....

Max said...

Nice sweater - is that a seed-stitch rib? Where's it from?

NJStacie said...

This is a sweater form the Rowan All-Seasons Cotton pamphlet. It is, in fact, a 4/3 seed stitch rib. the mens version features a basic 4/3 - no seed stitch. I'm thinking of altering the collar a wee bit, as well - the pattern features a doubled-over collar, but I'm thinking that may not be my cup of tea.